Are You Clueless About The Brown Marks On Your Shower Curtains
Don’t know how to clean brown marks from a shower curtain? This blog is going to guide you. The most common issue we ever deal with shower curtains is the brown marks. But what actually causes it? It is caused by the exposure of your shower curtains to several particles during your shower. Because shower curtains are frequently in contact with water, soap scum, mould, and mildew can grow on them.
The cloth may start to develop brown stains when these ugly things accumulate. While you could just replace the curtain, there are a few do-it-yourself fixes that are quick solutions. The most excellent cleaning tips for your shower curtain may be found at home. Brown marks and discolouration will surely make your shower curtains look filthy.
Several Methods That Help In Getting Rid Of Brown Marks From Your Shower Curtains
When shower curtains are continually exposed to hot water, they suffer the most from this frequent home issue. But how can you get rid of the unsightly stains and musty smell? Although there are many commercial mould removal treatments on the market, there are a lot of natural options that work just as well. You may find a wide variety of stain-removing substances in your kitchen cabinet. The ideal mix of dirt-removing ingredients like white vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, and essential oils, can be applied in a variety of ways. With a few straightforward remedies, it’s simple to get rid of these unattractive stains, but which of them truly works? Let’s check out which combination works!
- Soaking The Curtains In Baking Soda: Benefit from this kitchen staple’s whitening, stain removal, and cleaning abilities. Baking soda, as you know, is highly effective in getting rid of stains and dirt. This makes it ideal for you to use it for an effective cleaning purpose.
- Put dish soap, baking soda, warm water, and a substantial amount of dish detergent in your bathtub or another big container.
- Before removing the curtain and placing it flat on a large area, soak it for an hour.
- Wipe the surface of the shower curtain carefully with a moist towel to remove any leftover residue.
- To prevent putting slimy particles back onto the fabric, keep washing the cloth.
- If you see any remaining stains, give them a thorough clean after adding more baking soda as needed.
- Once again wipe down until the towel is completely clear to get rid of any remaining baking soda.
- Allow the curtain to air dry back on the rail or hang it to dry outside on a washing line.
- Once the curtain has been washed, keep the bathroom aired to hasten the drying process.
- Highly Efficient Laundry Machine: The cloth should be put in the laundry basket when a sizable section of it gets stained. With two to three wet bath towels, wash the curtain on its own cycle. This helps in getting rid of the brown marks effectively. Using suitable detergents, you can tackle stubborn brown marks. Here is how to clean brown marks from a shower curtain using a washing machine!
- For a natural cleaning solution, mix one cup of white vinegar with a few drops of your preferred essential oil.
- Before leaving the room, wash the curtain on a soft, short cycle, and let it dry outside.
- Stains should disappear instantly, and the stink of wet should be replaced by the persistent fragrance of organic oils.
- Before using this method, make sure your curtain can be machine washed.
- Using A Mould-Removal Paste: This is nothing but a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda. This aids in the effective removal of brown marks on shower curtains. But do you know how to do it? Here is how to clean brown marks from a shower curtain!
- Making a mould-removal solution is as easy as mixing white vinegar and baking soda into a paste.
- Lay the shower curtain flat on a broad surface after removing it from the shower.
- To produce enough paste to coat the cloth, combine two parts baking soda with one part white vinegar.
- To get rid of any remaining mould and mildew, apply and scrape the paste over the spots with a soft-bristled brush.
- Continue cleaning until the stains disappear, then gently wash the surface with a fresh, moist towel.
- Spray the curtain with an essential oil solution that has been diluted, then let it air dry.
- With Lemon And Salt: As we know lemon and salt can break down stubborn stains, and it is easier to get rid of brown marks in the same way. As lemon is acidic in nature, under small concentrations it acts as a good cleansing agent that helps in getting rid of rust and brown marks.
- Firstly, pour the solution that contains lemon juice and salt onto the surface of the shower curtain.
- Let it sit for several hours, that’s when the solution acts on the brown marks.
- Then gently scrub with a soft brush or cloth to slowly remove the brown marks.
- Now rinse it off with lukewarm water. And repeat the method, if needed.
Precautions That You Need To Take
Prevention is better than cure! Therefore, it is important to take precautions, instead of worrying about the damages.
- Performing The Spot Test: Test any cleaners on a tiny area of the shower curtain before using them all over the curtain with detergents, cleansers, or bleach. Make sure they don’t harm or discolour anything. Choose a different cleaner if you spot any damage.
- Read The Label: Read the care instructions carefully before cleaning a shower curtain. The majority of shower curtains can be hand cleaned exclusively, although others may be machine washed with detergent or bleach. Others might need particular cleaning techniques. Before cleaning your curtain, please read the care label.
- Maintaining A Neat Shower Curtain: After cleaning your shower curtain, take precautions to prevent future mould and mildew growth. Every day, spray a solution of half water and half vinegar on the shower curtain. To get rid of soap scum and mildew that have accumulated on the bottom of the shower curtain, wash it with vinegar and water once a week.
- Note: Choose body wash instead of bar soap because the latter might produce scum.
Do people often wonder how to clean brown marks from a shower curtain? A soapy water solution may readily remove the majority of discolourations on shower curtains, but a more potent solution may be required for more difficult mould or brown stains. So, to treat them, you should ideally mix the solutions. But for that, taking precautions is a must. Because sometimes, certain things do more harm than good. This can lead to getting bad results.
So to avoid that, you should follow the following aspects before performing any of the above cleaning methods. Moreover, you can reach out to experts for proper curtain cleaning as well. Since experts are highly experienced and skilful, it becomes easy for you to get the job done. Our company City carpet cleaning Perth offering best services of Curtain cleaning in Perth and nearby locations.