You bought your couch with a great interest in enjoying every point of comfort but as time goes on it becomes dirty, absorbs dust, is covered with stains and loses its shine and elegance. You miss your beloved couch which smells very bad and you no more like to sit on it. You think it is not of any use now but it is not like that, you should take proper care of it and take the necessary steps to clean it. read in this blog How To Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum. There are a number of methods of cleaning a couch through which you can get its fresh look again and the methods are as follows:
- Spot Cleaning
Whenever you buy any couch, it has a tag that has instructions to be followed for cleaning your couch and the solvent to be used. Blot up all the pills with the help of a clean cloth. Vacuum it for crumbs, other debris and pet hairs. Use the mixture of water and dish soap over the stains with the help of a sponge, do not rub it over the stain. Use a steam cleaner for breaking up stains.
- Perform deep cleaning
Firstly vacuum the couch, then sprinkle baking soda to remove odours and leave it for an hour. If any type of stain is there like stains from ink, blood, wine, etc. then apply spot treatment first. Wipe down the leather couch with distilled water and non-detergent soap. You can also use vinegar-water mixture or any branded upholstery cleaner. Wipe the non-fabric parts of the couch with the help of warm water and dish soap mixture.
- Washing cushion covers
If your couch tag allows you to clean cushion covers in the washing machine then do it first and then dry it. Cover it back again.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Vacuum Cleaner
As we all know that a vacuum cleaner is an electric device for removing dust, dirt and grime from each and every corner of your home whether it is upholstery or floor or any other furniture or walls, etc. Some advantages and disadvantages of a vacuum cleaner are discussed below:
- It is easy to use.
- A vacuum cleaner helps in the removal of pet hair.
- Easily available at a low cost.
- Today some robotic vacuum cleaners are also available that clean your couch and other areas even when you are not at home.
- It saves time and energy.
- When equipped with HEPA filters, it helps in the complete removal of allergens, airborne causing germs, viruses, bacteria, etc.
- These are bulky accessories, heavy to lift which may be hard to move around the home. They are of very large sizes and so moving and storing them requires large spaces.
- There are many different types of vacuum cleaners that do not offer reusable dustbin bags and so you have to buy them.
- As per different types of models which are available in the market, they use hundreds and thousands of electricity.
Thus, in spite of many advantages they have a lot of disadvantages also and so nowadays there are many other cleaning methods available that do not use vacuum cleaners but How To Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum? The answer is here.
How To Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum?
Your couch is an expensive investment and provides a luxurious look to your living room and offers a relaxing and comfortable environment during both day and night. But when it comes to cleaning, especially when you do not have a vacuum cleaner, you always think how is it possible? How To Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum? But nothing is impossible nowadays. Some of the DIY tips for cleaning your couch are given below:
- Firstly wipe off the accumulated dust from the surface of your couch with the help of a stiff brush or a clean piece of cloth.
- Now sprinkle bicarbonate soda over the surface of the couch for around 15-20 minutes so that the stains get removed. It is not able to remove the extremely soiled stains and other stains which stick on it but may be able to remove the stains on the surface of the couch.
- Dust off or wipe off the couch after that time with the help of a stiff brush or cloth to make it look clean.
How To Dry Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum
Ingredients used for this process are White Vinegar (1 cup), Dish Soap and Warm Water (1 Gallon). Take a bucket, mix white vinegar in warm water and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Mix well until the bubbles are generated. The cleaning process has the following steps:
- Mop away the couch by using a clean cloth and dip it in the cleaning solution.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes for proper set-up of the solution.
- If your couch has stains that look permanent, then dip a sponge in this cleaning solution and keep it over the stains and allow it to soak.
- Clean the residue with the help of a dry microfiber cloth and leave the couch to dry.
How To Wet Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum
Ingredients to be used are hand shampoo, white terry cloth towels, a water bucket and a sponge.
- Prepare the solution by following the instructions on the hand shampoo pack.
- Stir the mixture with the help of a sponge and apply it over the whole couch with the help of a sponge.
- Dry the fabric with the use of a white terry towel.
How To Maintain Lasting Couch Cleanliness
Here you do not use a vacuum cleaner and so it is very important to maintain the cleanliness of your couch, here are some of the tips:
- The most important is to use Scotchgard to prevent your couch from stains.
- Clean out all the stains as soon as they occur and sprinkle baking soda instantly.
Enjoy Excellent Cleaning Services With City Carpet Cleaning Perth Couch Cleaners
In the above article, you learnt How To Clean A Couch Without A Vacuum and you can prevent your couch from the attack of harsh chemicals and machines which are very costly. But, these DIY procedures are not always effective at some stains and so it is the best option to switch over to professionals and for this City carpet cleaning Perth is the best option because we are offering services of Couch cleaning Perth. Our experienced professionals, work in this industry for many years and has a lot of techniques for cleaning your couch without using a vacuum cleaner. Our experts will provide you with services that save and do not involve too much cost and also involve eco-friendly cleaning. Hence, if you want all the benefits while remaining safe then enjoy our excellent cleaning services today.